Saturday, June 6, 2009

Tsathoggua Idol

From artist Richard Svensson comes this intriguing Tsathoggua idol.

"You shall know Tsathoggua by his great girth and his batlike furriness and the look of a sleepy black toad which he has eternally." There's been quite a few Cthulhu idols made and I thought I'd do another deity from the Mythos. Tsathoggua is worshipped in Clark Ashton Smith's primeval Hyperborea. This idol is about 35 cm tall. It's cast in black plastic resin and drybrushed with bronze paints. The original sculpture was made with Chavant clay and a silicone mold was made for making castings. Tsathoggua was created over two weekends while Creedence Clearwater Revival and Jethro Tull was blaring from my workshop stereo (for no particular reason).


1 comment:

Shane Mangus said...

Nice! Now how can I get my grubby paws on one? :-)