Monday, January 3, 2011

Miskatonic Pennant Design

Here's the latest iteration of the Miskatonic University pennant.



The logo was adjusted to take better advantage of the available space, while the font was tweaked to capture the look of the vintage Harvard pennant without looking too much like a circus banner. I'll be talking with the company doing the production later today to check the template proportions and try and get a better approximation of the actual shade of red. I'm still not altogether happy with the perspective on the text, but I don't want to fiddle with it too much until I have the master template to work with.

7 comments:

Alex Kaeda said...

Since you initially announced the pennant, I've been searching for a vendor who can make a period miskatonic baseball cap.

Any ideas?

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that your blog is awesome in every single way. I particularly love the, "things in a bottle" posts and I would hang that flag up right above them. Keep up the excellent work!

Propnomicon said...

@ Alex Kaeda

A little Googling turned up "American Needle", a company that produces wool felt reproductions of vintage MLB hats. I'm not sure if they do small runs.

@ Anonymous

Thank you for the kind words.

Alex Kaeda said...

Thanks . . . . American Needle didn't show up when I'd googled "Vintage Baseball Cap" :-\

Elvee Kaye said...

This is so cool! I would buy one of these, although I hope the red will be a little darker. How about a Miskatonic class ring?

Anonymous said...

I tried to leave a comment a couple days ago, but somehow couldn't get it to go through -

This is an incredible idea, and I can hardly wait to have one in my greedy little paws.

I have a smqll suggestion: It looks to me like the symbol is a bit close to the white edge in comparison to the space between the symbol and the title. I'm wondering if you could shrink the text SLIGHTLY so you would have room to move the symbol to the right a tad bit, thereby balancing out the red space evenly around the symbol? It just seems a little crowded being so close to the white border. Sorry about the finickiness - I guess the "Monk" is coming out in me...

Keep up the AWESOME work!! LOVE your blog and all your stuff!

Fringe Doktor

Anonymous said...

Stripey, I have an MU ring that I love. The price is high, but the quality is worth it. I've worn it every day for the last year or so and it's held up fantastic. Hope that helps. http://www.badalijewelry.com/cthulhu.htm