Much to my surprise, I'm taking a temporary hiatus from Propnomicon. On Saturday I woke up, grabbed a shower, sat down for a delicious cup of fresh-brewed coffee, and suddenly experienced a feeling of intense pressure in my chest.
To make a long story short, I'm having bypass surgery tomorrow. Recuperation is going to take some time, and I won't have access to my computer for at least a week. Things should be back to normal after that.
One bit of good news- the long delayed Miskatonic Antarctic expedition package will finally happen. I've actually had all the items for years now, but kept putting it off. It seemed like I never had the time to handle taking orders, packaging everything, and taking care of shipping. Turns out, if you procrastinate too long you might get a reminder that the clock is still ticking.
Thank you all for your patronage and friendship. We'll talk soon.
49 comments:
Wishing you the best!
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Long time lurker, but wanted to thank you for doing this. All the best to you and your health!
Feel better. Life happens and I'm glad you're taking time to take care of yourself.
Take care of yourself man, we'll wait for you. No problem.
Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Sincere best wishes for a full and fast recovery. Propnomicon has been a constant for so many years. Thanks for everything you do.
wishing you a speedy recovery
I hope everything goes well and you have a full recovery. - long time viewer
Two time open heart surgery here, replaced a valve and had my upper aorta rebuilt, then a dozen years later (this last March) I had the valve replaced with a mechanical valve and am still in cardiac rehab.
You will come back modern medicine is miraculous and growing better every year, and don't forget to take the time to heal, trust your nurses and trust your rehab folk, they are amazing people.
Your Blog (one of the best on the Web in my humble opinion) will be here when your better, and we will be here when your better.
Robert.
I am in recovery for my second open heart surgery, modern medicine is miraculous and growing more so with each passing year.
Trust in your doctors (and listen to your nurses) and afterwards pay attention to the cardiac rehab folks, who are currently helping me return to a far healthier life.
Your Blog is one of the best on the web, and it will be here waiting when your feeling better, and so will we.
Get well soon.
Robert.
As a 2 time open heart surgery recipient (biological (Cow) valve replaced by a mechanical one and a rebuild on one of my aortas) I can only tell you that modern medicine is damn near miraculous and you shouldn't worry, but listen to your nurses, have patience, ask any questions and when you get to cardiac rehab, trust the process, you'll end up much healthier and hopefully with a far better future ahead.
My own experience (currently still in rehab) has been amazing.
Yes it's a shock to the system, but I'm in better shape now than over the last decade.
Your Blog, one of the best on the web IMHO, will be here when you get better, and so will we, eagerly awaiting your next post.
Get well soon.
Robert
Speedy recovery, sir!
Good luck, I hope everything goes well!
Hope you feel better soon!
Good luck and a swift recovery.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Here's hoping that everything goes as your surgeons expect, rather than having a nightmarish form unseen by human eyes burst forth from your chest to the sound of gibbering madness.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Geez, I haven't been on this blog in years and when I happen across it, I find out that Antarctica kit is still happening! Please refresh my memory on ordering/getting on the list. You're fortunate to live in a time when we can do something like by-passes. Be well, take doctors' advice, and give yourself time to recover and feel the joy of life.
Have a good rest!
Hope all goes well!
Get will quickly! Take care of yourself.
Wishing you a speedy recovery!
My best of luck to you sir, and may your recovery be swift! I've been a follower since the late 2000's when I won several Antarctic Expedition items on eBay, and look forward to the ultimate completion of your project. Cheers!
Holy dang, best wishes for a super recuperation! I will implore a squid for good fortune on your behalf.
Hoping for a quick recovery!
Rake care of yourself. We'll wait.
I really enjoy this site, love seeing all the works especially as i don't do social media. So it's no problem, take your time and look after your health. We'll all still be here! ...even this odd guy in Yellow... :D
Get well soon! May all the dark gods be on your side!
I hope everything goes alright, good doctors and fast healing. Your blog has been an invaluable resource for many years
Best of health to you, sir. May your recovery be swift!
Sorry to hear about your heart plumbing. I'm sure that they will get you fixed up and back in no time. Take care.
Hi - just seen this post. I really enjoy your site and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Thank you for keeping up the page. Speedy recovery!
Take care of yourself. Taking Hiatus as long as you need to. If and when you come back we'll be waiting.
All the best
A toast to your soon-to-be much improved health forthwith! I've been visiting your blog for blooming years, thank you for such wonderful inspiration. Rest up, kind Adventurer, the World will be as weird when you return. Xx
Well, that's scary as hell. Glad you're getting taken care of – take it easy, and I hope you get better soon. – Mike, formerly GNDN at Wordpress.
Hope you're recovering OK!
Take care of yourself
I had two stents inserted recently, so much sympathy. Wishing you the best of luck with the surgery and a speedy recovery.
Take care of yourself. Please come back to us when you are ready.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery
Hope you are doing well, I always check this site out on a regular basis.
I just want to thank you for all that you do. I love your site and I use things I find here for inspiration in many of my games across genres and titles.
I hope the surgery went well and and hoping for your safe and speedy recovery. Please take care of yourself. :^)
Hope you are feeling better soon! I've enjoyed your blog for a long time.
Checking back, hoping for your speedy recovery.
Yah, about those stents --- I had FOUR stents placed in my left anterior descending artery back about fifteen years ago... then in 2019 for some goldang reason they up and changed their minds, cracked me open, and replaced that entire artery with a vein from my leg --- yes, THREW OUT four perfectly good stents along with it, can you believe that? And now this April I got yet ANOTHER stent put in a different artery adjacent to that! It's like they can't make up their minds --- put them in, take them out, put another one in.....
Post a Comment