Saturday, September 19, 2015

Mythos Mailbox

After far too long, the Mythos Mailbox is finally for sale.

The set contains an original Cthulhu artifact, specimen bag for same, a pair of period accurate Arkham Library bookmarks, two Tillinghast Field warning stickers, a pair of Miskatonic University field journals, and a set of seven postcards.  Right click on any of the pictures to open up a full sized version in another tab.



The faux stone Cthulhu artifact has a black and green finish and measures approximately 4" by 1 3/4".  The specimen bag is roughly 4' by 6".



The Arkham Library bookmarks are 7" by 2", while the Tillinghast Field warning stickers measure 2" by 2".


The field journals are patterned after the notebooks carried by scientists and researchers in the field. Each book measures 3.5" by 5" (8.89 cm by 12.7 cm) and has a saddle-stitch binding, 1/4" rounded corners, a heavyweight cover, and 32 pages of high quality lined paper. All materials are 100% recycled and the cover designs are printed with environmentally friendly soy ink.



The set of seven postcards depicts a variety of Mythos locations, including the Middle Campus of Miskatonic University, the Lobby of the Hotel Miskatonic, Miskatonic University Front Campus, Arkham's Boston and Maine Train Station, two different views of Arkham Sanitarium, and Miskatonic's Orne Library.

Update: Sold out! My sincere thanks to everyone who ordered one.





9 comments:

zs.gothpunk said...

Too bad that it's only available in the US. :(

Propnomicon said...

@ zs.gothpunk

Believe me, I agree. I hate having to limit it to the US, but the excessive charges for international shipping are a killer. Sadly, I'm also afraid of running afoul of the Eurozone's VAT system.

Rachel said...

I wish there were a "paper goods only" version of this. I'm really trying not to bring new tchotchkes into the house, but things like postcards are a-ok because I'm going to send, them, right?

Propnomicon said...

@ Rachel

I expect you'll be very happy in the near future.

mattruane said...

Thanks for running one of these again. I look forward to the next prop that comes about.

Raven said...

I see you're sold out, which (per your earlier comment) should encourage you to do this again, hurrah!.

May I suggest, mildly, one tiny bit more of ephemera? The MU specimen bag for the stone item might have a tag (perhaps with spare) that the cord could loop through, allowing details of where and when it was found to be filled in...

... or else the purchasers could simply go here, and print out their own.

Anonymous said...

You could call it "The Black Box" after REH's "The Black Book."

Derek M. Koch said...

Ah, man, I just missed out it looks like! Well, if there's a "wait list" in case anyone cancels . . .

Charles said...

Hi,
I follow the blog since three years ago and I always found it very interesting, your stuff is amazing!

I know that this must be OT here, but i would point to this web auction, it's a serious one, but the the imagine depicted reminds me something, I don't know if it's the same for you, look at the sixth picture: those are tentacles for sure...
https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/40539007_translated-egyptian-stone-stele-fragment?utm_source=Auction+Email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=lot5&utm_campaign=20150921artemis