Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cthulhu Fhtagn! Mark Arnold Edition

From sculptor Mark Arnold comes this traditional-style Cthulhu statue.

I based the sculpt on Lovecraft's short story 'The Call of Cthulhu.' In it Lovecraft describes a statue found by Inspector Legrasse who had taken it from a dangerous cult. The original was sculpted from Super Sculpey then molded in silicone and cast in resin. Primed with a light grey primer and then sprayed flat black. Next I dry-brushed a combination of Forest Green, black, and Hunter Green, what I call Cthulhu Green, onto the figure. Then I added a protective coating of DullCote and that ended the process.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice scuplt, excatly how I imagined it to look. Now all we need is the artist to do a run of these for us less talented individulas.

josefk said...

Mark casts and sells this figure and several others on ebay (search
Cthulhu)and will soon have a website up and running.

Dr. Hype said...

Wow,that is awesome dude!I love how it looks leathery just like descripted on the story!!Youir collection must be amazing!

The Collector said...

Hello, josefk told me that someone had posted a complimentary mention of my Cthulhu statue. Thanks! I do sell them on Ebay and on my website. If you want to see much nicer pictures of Cthulhu and several more Lovecraft inspired sculptures you can visit Ebay at:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330376845660&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

or go to my website at: cthulhu4sale.com

Mark

The Collector said...

Hello, josefk told me of your complimentary post. Thanks! As Joe said I do sell my Cthulhu statues on Ebay and I do have a website up that showcases Cthulhu and the rest of the Lovecraft inspired sculptures I sell. If you want to see what they look like, and much better pictures of Cthulhu, check out my site: cthulhu4sale.com

Mark