Monday, April 21, 2014

Journey to the Dreamlands

I'm happy to welcome Director Huan Vu and the makers of "The Dreamlands" as our newest sponsors.  They're currently raising funds for the film's production on Indiegogo.  It's an effort I think is worthy of your support for three reasons.

First, it's the same production team that made "Die Farbe", released here in the US as "The Color Out of Space".  That film is one of the better Lovecraftian movies of the last few years.  More importantly, it demonstrated a level of professionalism and craftsmanship that's all too often lacking in low-budget Mythos films.  It's not perfect, but I think the filmmakers did a good job of playing up their strengths and minimizing their weaknesses during production. I think that bodes well for "The Dreamlands".

Second, they're doing something far too few crowdfunded projects do- telling you how the money is going to be spent.  Supporters deserve to know where their money is going. 

Third, they're offering props from the film as premiums at the upper pledge levels. For obvious reasons that's something I'm into, and I'm looking forward to showing some of the designs.




No comments: