Thursday, November 8, 2012

Cthulhu Fhtagn! Byakkofield Edition.

Byakkofield brings us this hand-carved soapstone Cthulhu idol. I almost ignored it because I thought it was a chibi figure, but I realized the proportions were a result of the original stone block.


Byakkofield said...

Hi, I'm the one who carved this and thank you for featuring it on your website!

Propnomicon said...

@ Byakkofield

The pleasure is all mine. It's a wonderful piece of work.

CoastConFan said...

That is a good piece of work; I am greatly reminded of early Alaskan Native American soapstone figures as well as Paleolithic anthropomorphic figurines such as this these by this figurine. I’m always happy to see props made in materials that are difficult to user or hard to obtain as it shows a high level dedication to the process.

Mystic Scholar said...

@ Byakkofield:

Excellent work! We appreciate your efforts on behalf of the community.

@ Propnomicon:

As always, thanks for sharing!