Saturday, October 16, 2010

Moonstone Totem

Artist "pj925" brings us this totem necklace crafted from silver and bronze. Semi-precious moonstones are mounted on either end.



It caught my eye because of the resemblance to Tóbal's reliquary from earlier this week. It just looks like an amulet or occult artifact- mysterious and unfathomable. There's a part of me that always feels a little guilty pointing to the work of an artist and saying "This would make a great prop", but I mean it as a genuine compliment. It's just not as long-winded as "This object's enigmatic purpose fires the imagination, evoking a sense of wonder via the inscrutability of its design".

2 comments:

Raven said...

To me, it just screams:
"EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!"

Propnomicon said...

@ Raven

Heh. I never even noticed that until you mentioned it, but now I can't stop seeing the resemblance.