Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mombasa, 1922

Ivory traders load their cargo at the port of Mombasa, Kenya in 1922. Could they know of the horrific rites practiced at the Mountain of the Black Wind? Click through for the full sized image.



This is another of the background photos I put together for a group tackling Chaosium's "Masks of Nyarlathotep". Yes, the third man in the photo does look strange. The missing portion of his torso on the left side is either a trick of the light or the result of a bad retouching job in the original photo.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

The guy doesn't look too weird to me. Maybe it's just my eyes. LOL

Raven said...

Looks normal to me, too. I think the effect you're talking about is from the shadow of the tusk going down the right side of his robe (on our left) -- the shade blends into the wall behind him, so you're seeing "part of his torso disappear"....

Unknown said...

This is awesome, as I myself am planning on running Masks for my friends as well.

Have you had any look in doing the Shanghai harbor photo? That's the one prop I'm having trouble with....