Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cthulhu Fhtagn! FFG Edition

I'm not into collectible card games in the slightest.

That said, I've been a big fan Fantasy Flight Games, the makers of the "Call of Cthulhu" CCG, because of their awesome "Bag of Cthulhu" accessory. Piles and piles of little Cthulhus, all for a very reasonable price. Mike was kind enough to send over word that they're following up that triumph with a "Cthulhu Domain Statue" that looks like another winner.



Quoting from the website:

The Cthulhu Domain Statue is 2.75" (70mm) tall and is made of resin in dark green with a black wash, illuminating the details of its sculpture, based on the descriptions of Cthulhu and the sunken city of R'lyeh found in H.P. Lovecraft's immortal work of horror, The Call of Cthulhu. The Cthulhu Domain Statue is an immersive accessory for lovers of the Cthulhu Mythos and a game component of distinct quality and detail.


This could easily be adapted for prop use, and the price is hard to beat.

6 comments:

Head Pain Games said...

The Cthulhu Domain Statue looks MINT. I want one.

Unknown said...

I have a bag of mini-C'thul'hu icons on my book case. They look pretty sharp, but probably wouldn't work well as props. They'd work well as sanity counters for CoC, maybe, or possibly checkers.

Propnomicon said...

@ Head Pain Games

I have a feeling the sales of the "Bag of Cthulhu" showed FFG there was a demand outside the game for Cthulhu sculpts.

@ The Doctor

They have a 1001 uses. I have one of the 50mm ones on my keychain, and when I finally get around to it I'm going to convert another into a flash drive.

Jeff said...

I thought you liked Munchkin Cthulhu?

Lazarus Lupin said...

He looks big and pouty among his toys!

Lazarus Lupin
http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/
Art and Review

Propnomicon said...

@ Jeff

Yeah, but that's not like the Magic madness of old. Heh.

@ Lazarus Lupin

If you were cooped up in the house for millenia and couldn't go outside to play you'd be pouty too.