Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Dataterm Digital Prop

An interesting change of pace today- an interactive digital prop.  Cirrec created an entire news and information website for his Cyberpunk Red tabletop game, and it's pretty awesome.

"A year ago now, I made a website for my Cyberpunk Red tabletop RPG game. Dataterm started as a "in-universe" website with which I could send my players the daily "screamsheet" (a constantly updated newspaper printed on cheap thermal paper that is ubiquitous in the Cyberpunk setting). We play in French, but I translated of few of them so that you could get an idea of these handouts I make, so that you guys can maybe get inspired. (French readers be warned: most of the homebrew content is in English only). Well, since then... I've been busy. Over the last year, I've added a bunch of new things that might be of interest to some of you guys. I've created and uploaded homebrew content, uploaded community GM Tools and created new features for my players."

Click through to read his original post, and then head over to the site itself.  It's an inspirational example of using technology to provide players with in-game information.  I'd love to see something similar for Call of Cthulhu or Traveller.


 

No comments: