Friday, February 22, 2019

Stolen Dynamite

One of the unfortunate side effects of giving resources away is discovering your work is being sold for profit.  Such is the case with this "Dynamite Prop" from Shadowcast Studios.  You could save a chunk of change by just printing out my Blast-O brand prop dynamite label and wrapping it around a dowel- just like Shadowcast Studios did.

Sadly, they're violating the Creative Commons Non-Commercial License I use for everything here at Propnomicon.  I want folks to use my stuff.  Just don't monetize it without asking permission. 

UPDATE:  Shadowcast has pulled the offending listing after a torrent of negative comments.  You guys are great.


7 comments:

Jim A said...

Just left a comment at their site. Probably won't do any good, but you never know

De Profundis said...

Their page has a pop-up that asks you why you decided not to buy anything from their site. I duly answered it. Content thieves are theives. I don't like theives.

Spinwitch said...

That bites. I once sussed out the pattern to the Lord of the Rings elven clock and shared it with a free LOTR costume site. I later found it being sold on eBay.

Unknown said...

I sent them a message telling them to stop the sale of these, and that I would ask others to spread the word about their lack of ethics if they continue.

Benz said...

Looks like they took it down. I clicked the link in the article and got a 404 "Page not found" error.

sithwitch said...

As of this comment the Shadowcast site has taken down their listing for the lifted prop materials. Good work with the responses to the site!

Todd said...

As a side note, I'm one of your readers who DID make his own Blasto dynamite (a bundle of seven sticks) with the image provided. I used red paper -- maybe a bit cartoonish but it looks hilarious in my office. THANKS! :-)