Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Dyer Sketches- Elder Thing

This is the first of the finished Dyer sketches.



It was done by the incredibly talented Danny Cruz and I couldn't be happier with it. Click through for the higher res, CC licensed version. I'll be offering a larger version commercially, but you're free to use this one under the terms of the Creative Commons license found at the bottom of the page.

Obviously, this is a bit of an experiment. I've been very happy with how my approach to open licensing has worked up to now, but I think this is a big step forward in, literally, putting my money where my mouth is.

2 comments:

Emmanuel said...

It seemed a bit too polished at first glance, but in higher resolution it's clearly amazing and faithful to Lovecraft. Great work.

Propnomicon said...

Aye, the quality of the pencil work doesn't really come across until you look at it closely. I'd consider myself lucky beyond words to have just half the talent Mr. Cruz has.