Thursday, October 1, 2009

Miskatonic Notebooks Arrive

The Miskatonic notebooks from Pinball Publishing arrived yesterday and I absolutely love how they came out. Here's a quick and dirty shot:



As you can see, at the last minute I decided to go ahead and order the standard Miskatonic field journal as well as the expedition fieldbooks.

I can't say enough nice things about the quality of Pinball's manufacturing- the printing is perfect, the cover stock is appropriately heavy and rugged enough for daily use, and the interior paper is wonderful. One of the most common problems with small notebooks like this is ink bleeding through one side of the paper to the other, making both pages difficult to read. That won't happen with this paper- even my brush-style artist's markers and dip pens loaded with india ink didn't bleed through.

I can't wait to hear your feedback once you actually have them in your hands. Based on their day-to-day utility and prop potential I can easily see these becoming my most popular items.

7 comments:

Mark Gambler said...

Indeed, the notebooks look very good
and the Expedition notebooks are a great idea. Yeah, I can't wait to get my mits on these great looking props.

Laurent said...

Woaw ! Looks pretty Nice ! How CAN i place an ordre ans how much do you and for ?

Carlen said...

These are beautiful; are you ebay-ing them? WANT.

Propnomicon said...

@ Mark Gambler

Thank you for the kind words. You are obviously a man of taste and distinction. Heh.

@ Laurent

I'm glad you like them, and I'm even more appreciative of your suggestions for the final design. They'll be available as part of the Miskatonic package and then individually until I run out.

@ Carlen

Thank you for the compliment. I'll Ebay some of them, but 99% of them will be available here on the blog. Hopefully very soon.

Propnomicon said...

@ ArtSnark

Thanks, I appreciate that.

malpertuis said...

These look fantastic and I desire them. Is it too late to acquire some?

Anonymous said...

These look awesome. Are they available any more?
--Zack
www.z-machine-matter.com