Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Steampunk Masks

The incredibly talented Tom Banwell has a few shots of his masks at the Oxford Steampunk Exhibit. His creativity and craftsmanship is, as always, stunning.


Nick Storm said...

Talented and artistic yes.....but just NOT Mythos related at all.

Christopher B said...

You can't fool me: that one on the far left is no gas mask - it's Jar-Jar!!

Propnomicon said...

@ Nick

And that's a problem because....?

@ Christopher B.

Damn you. Now I see it too.

Nick Storm said...

I'm a purist...what kin ah say?

Streampunk is just not "Lovecraftian" or Cthulhu-esque IMO.

You would also not catch me playing delta green either. A little dogmatic perhaps?

I just enjoy the litterature as written in the time period.

Propnomicon said...

@ Nick

I can certainly understand your feelings in regards to the Mythos and the classic era. Lovecraft's works and the time period they were written in are inextricably linked, and I admit that I find much of the material outside of that milieu not to my taste.

That said, while I obviously concentrate on Lovecraftiana I do enjoy sharing a variety of other props that I think compliment my primary focus. That includes "mad science" and occult objects, and, yes, the occasionally well done neo-victorian item.