Thursday, April 23, 2009

Off Topic: Heavy Traffic

Since the subject has come up I wanted to share some of the blog's traffic stats from Sitemeter. Click through for the higher-res version.



This month is on track to be a record breaker for Propnomicon, thanks to the combination of a mysterious burst of traffic that started about six weeks ago and my shilling the latest run of Miskatonic loot. Record breaking, in this case, being relative. Believe me, I'm overjoyed at the thought of having 3000 visitors in a single month, particularly when compared to the 37 I had for all of April 2008.

I know more mainstream sites with those numbers would be weeping and gnashing their teeth, but for an ultra-niche blog like this it's all gravy. My whole schtick is about making and sharing cool props with people that appreciate them and, hopefully, helping people make their own. Having an audience, no matter what it's size, is secondary to that idea. I'm glad people keep coming back, but I'm even happier when they drop me an email saying they used a prop document from the blog or finally got around to making some props of their own. It's the "making" that matters, not the viewing.

Update: Here's a look at the site's traffic stats up until the last day of July, 2009.

3 comments:

Emmanuel said...

Thanks again for this blog !!
I'm now quite close of the moment in my campaign where I will start using your beautiful props.

And if you ever change your mind about releasing that gorgeous Antarctica map, I'm still interested. ;)

Jason said...

well, I can say that as a filmmaker that specializes in Lovecraft themed horror, this site is a goldmine!

Keep up the good work.

Propnomicon said...

Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it.

@Jason: I hunger for video clips.