Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Home Is Where The Heart Is

My jade Cthulhu idol enjoying it's new home:



I'm hoping to start working on his replacement in a day or two when the shoulder heals up. On the bright side, I'm actually feeling pretty great thanks to the daily stretching exercises. They're not only helping with my shoulder, but with a mysterious back pain that has been bothering me for a couple of years. It turns out the flaming iron spike that would occasionally impale me was probably caused by my hamstrings being as tight as guitar strings.

It's a revelation when you find out most of your health complaints can be solved by, literally, loosening up.

2 comments:

Ian said...

Surely, being impaled on a spike would end all of your health problems?

Propnomicon said...

It was a dainty spike. More of a nail, actually. Or, come to think of it, a needle. Definitely very needlish, all long and thing and pointy and such. Not as big as a rug embroidery needle, heavens no. More of a leather needle size.

Oh, and it was coated with molten salt. Definitely a burning, corrosive, searing your flesh, "why do I smell roast pork" sort of feeling.

Heh.