Thursday, August 22, 2013

NecronomiCon

Today is a pretty big day.

NecronomiCon Providence is getting underway and the organizers have put together a schedule filled with interesting content.  That includes multiple art shows featuring dozens of Lovecraftian artists.  What makes the occasion notable is that propmakers will have a significant presence not only in the displays, but on several panels as well.  In addition, a number of Lovecraftian collectors will be displaying some of their treasures.

Unfortunately, like many of you, I'm not able to attend the convention. Over the next few days I'm hoping to link to some updates from the event, since I expect there's going to be some very cool stuff to be seen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you couldn't make it.

Nick Storm said...

I'll take some pics for ya. Just got done with the Tour - HPL houses, libraries, inspirational buildings and Pugmire in the Christchurch cemetery enjoying a lunch mean and yelling 'Yog Sothoth' - no one said the Lovecraft was normal/stable/plain.

I plan to meet Jason McKittrick soon and talk props, things prop and assorted prop-age.

CoastConFan said...

I’m sorry you won’t be able to attend Necronomicon Providence, with you having one of the best Lovecraft related prop blog, I am sure you would have had a blast. I won’t be there either.

Another Necronomicon I won’t be able to attend is closer to home for me as it’s held in Tampa, Florida 18-20 October. Necronoicon in Tampa is celebrating it’s 35 anniversary this year. I’ve missed all 35 years so far! Their website is: http://www.stonehill.org/necro.htm It’s hosted by the Stone Hill Science Fiction Association http://www.stonehill.org/index.htm

L said...

Just wanted to let you know they mentioned your site in a panel on weird art. Have to say, as one who lurks and watches your site, I was disappointed you weren't there.