Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day of the Tentacles

I was pretty happy with how my quick and dirty tentacles came out last year, but now I find myself suffering from feelings of inadequacy. The proprietor of the "Primatoide Futile" blog took my basic technique and super-sized it. Really, really super-sized it.

"We decided on a length of 1.5m, plus a few dozens of centimeters wire free at the end. We made a few changes to method described in the tutorial, but it is a great and easy method to make tentacles."




Maybe I'm old fashioned, but where I grew up you didn't come into a man's house, admire his tentacles, and then build one three times larger. That's like rustling his cattle or leaving him gut-shot after a gunfight. It's just not done.

Just wait till I get my hands on some industrial cling wrap. Then you'll see what "escalation" is all about. Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some even made them as a sofa!!!

http://www.edra.com/product.php?l=en&id=59

Alban ;0)

Anonymous said...

Wow....I did NOT read that as tentacles when I first read the page. Totally changes the context of it! :)

Raven said...

Tentacle envy is a sad thing.

Primatoide futile said...

Thanks very much for the link... Your blog is hugely inspiring, and I am sorry I ruffled your tentacles the wrong way.
I hope the whole octopus will end up as we envision it (i.e., not soft and cuddly).

Propnomicon said...

@ Primatoide futile

All indignation aside, I can't wait to see it.