Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Blank Bertillon Police Identification Card

Back in November I posted a look at Joe Broers' excellent arrest papers for Old Castro from "The Call of Cthulhu". Since then I've featured several other of his creations, most recently his re-creation of the amulet from Lovecraft's "The Hound". Yesterday he dropped me a line and was kind enough to send over the source files for making your own Bertillon card like the one in his prop set.

Sometime back i sent you some images of a Bertillon Card I made for 'Old Castro'. I've since reworked the card a little to make a generic version that can be completed with photos and details. The jpg image is set up that if it's printed it should be the right size.I've added marks so one can crop the paper. It should be card stock on the front and back. The photo would have been printed separately and glued to the card. Here is a link to an original card that also provides some links to others. Plus a little research will provide some other images, etc. for anyone interested.

http://nutrias.org/~nopl/monthly/sept2002/bcd1.htm


Just click through for the front and back of the Bertillon style police identification card.





My sincere thanks to Mr. Broers for his generosity.

1 comment:

Mik said...

Thanks too, very cool, no idea if I have a use right now, but now I know where to find such a form should the need arise.