Monday, July 13, 2009

Where's My Cthulhu!

I am an uncomplicated man. It doesn't take much to make me happy.

Which is why it's driving me crazy that Amazon has once again delayed my Bag of Cthulhu order. They've been on sale from various online outlets and on Ebay for two weeks, but for some reason Amazon hasn't received it's shipment yet. Yeah, I know I could just spring the $14.95 and order it somewhere else, but the Amazon price of $10 is just too good a deal to pass up. And seeing pictures like this one from Gamethyme on Flickr is just fueling my lust.



I don't have the slightest amount of interest in the "Call of Cthulhu" card game. From all reports it's very well made and has awesome art, but CCG's just aren't my thing. These tokens, however, are a whole different story. My big idea was using the 24 smaller idols as ornaments on a desktop Cthulhu Christmas tree, while the larger ones would look perfect with my 1/6th Indiana Jones. I even bought the hardware to turn one into a keychain fob!

And now I just wait...and wait....hoping today will be the day they finally get shipped. Yes, I know it's juvenile to get upset because my base consumer impulses are being thwarted by fate, but I've been planning what I'm going to do with them for weeks now. I just want my Cthulhus.

4 comments:

Shane Mangus said...

I'm sold -- my pre-order was just placed.

Steph Mineart said...

I love the idea of buying a Bag of Cthulhu. Because - he comes in a bag?

Unknown said...

I've gotten mine from eBay ($11.99 + $3 s/h) and the detail is marvelous--the pictures do not lie. Finishing is a bit...erratic...as some have quite prominent mold lines and sprue marks and some look pristine with no indication that it isn't an original piece. I've come up with a few crafty ideas, but one thing to note is that they are formed of rather soft plastic, so they would not make a good keychain without some sort of reinforcement. Perhaps being embedded in a polyester resin...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for pointing this out. I will buy a bag to use in geocaching, thus spreading the tentacles of the Great Old One through the seemingly innocuous hobby.