Thursday, July 2, 2009

From Below

In case you haven't seen it yet, this "sewer monster" video has been making the rounds . It was allegedly captured by a tracked sewer inspection camera under Cameron Village in North Carolina. It may not be a monster, but it could inspire a great "Call of Cthulhu" scenario.



This article in the Raleigh News and Observer says it's a real video, but that the creature is simply a colony of bryozoans. A scientist interviewed by Deep Sea News begs to differ, saying the blobs are actually clusters of annelid worms.

3 comments:

affliction said...

This is my hometown, a place I have lived for 35 years, Prop. I think I have an worm-spawn infection which might explain the dreams and night sweats. The cover-up has already begun, it seems...

Propnomicon said...

Talk about a small world. I was convinced this was some kind of viral video for a movie or video game until the a spokesman for the town said it was real.

BTW, don't worry about the dreams too much. It's when you start to notice things moving under your skin that the real problems begin.

Shane Mangus said...

Cameron Village is less than 3 hours from where I live... this is some creepy shit!