Sunday, November 15, 2015

Fallout Plasma Rifle

When you have real talent, as the AntiLily does, you can turn this...


...into this in just a matter of days.


Speaking of which, "Fallout 4" has three Lovecraftian quests I think Mythos fans will enjoy. One of them involves a potentially world-ending artifact from Lovecraft's "Nameless City" in the Arabian Rub'al Khali, the same place Abdul Alhazred learned many of the secrets revealed in the Necronomicon. I know Bethesda won't go there, but it would be amusing to find out the cataclysmic nuclear war was just clearing the field for the return of the Old Ones.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Sadly I do not think that my Computer (ether my laptop or my Desk top) will run #4 so I am having to "settle for New vegas. I keep hoping someone will post more details about the Lovecraft style themes and quests in both 4 and New Vegas (are there any in New vegas ? ).

Propnomicon said...

@ I would suggest paying a visit to Fallout Lore on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/falloutlore/

I'm a pretty active poster there, and briefly touched on the Lovecraftian elements in FO4 in this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/falloutlore/comments/3suvr9/is_cabot_telling_the_truth_or_is_he_full_of_it/

Sadly, New Vegas doesn't have *any* Mythos elements. In a perfect world that would be corrected by exploring, uh, something mentioned in the quest discussed in the linked Reddit thread.

rmf said...

I'm not much for video games, but might I suggest to those in search of entertainment (and which of us isn't) to give the show Sleepy Hollow a try? It's in its third season. It has a trailer that will want to make you give up all hope immediately but the series is quite good fun and has lots of alternate history, some good arcane magic and a few nice artefacts in it - and even an episode where the "That is not dead which can eternal lie" chant is used (in Romany Greek if memory serves) as a spell to raise a mystical warrior from the earth. Really rather unexpectedly good.