This is the test pull from my first silicone mold. I've used silicone putty to duplicate small items before, but haven't fiddled around with pouring a mold from a master until now. The process was surprisingly easy. One issue I did run into was a minor blowout in the foamboard mold walls. I sealed up the seams with hot glue, but missed a small spot. Luckily, I was using a fast-set silicone and there was only some minor leakage before the rubber started to set up.
The casting measures about 3.5" by 1.5". The finish is a quick and dirty paintjob using a green basecoat drybrushed with antique copper. I'll probably go with a more stone-like finish for the final version.
Update: I was genuinely surprised to find so much interest in this. Here's a shot of the token that gives a better look at it's dimensionality. I envisioned it as a fetish used in a summoning, so the general shape is designed to fit inside the curve of the hand. The original sculpt only had three tentacles, but that looked so much like "Man-Thing" from Marvel Comics that it made me laugh out loud.
The mold, the first pull, and a second copy made using impressed polymer clay. I thinned out the Sculpey with some diluent so it would pick up the mold details. I rather like the flat, matte finish of the clay.
The mold was poured with PlatSil 73-20 Low Viscosity RTV Silicone Rubber.