Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Prop Spacesuit

Since I was a kid I've had a thing for space suit costumes.  It started with the retro style efforts in movies like "Abbot and Costello Go to Mars".   I absolutely loved those suits, and as I caught more classic science fiction on cable I started to recognize how often they had been re-used and re-dressed for use in other movies and television shows.

It still amazes me that amateurs are now producing suits that rival some of the props produced by professionals.  This beautiful "Terranaut" effort from "Mcj2burn"  is a good example.  It was made for a low-budget film, and his gallery includes some detailed shots of the buildout. 



1 comment:

JR said...

That is a thing of beauty.

Makes me want to build something.

Seriously - a trash can lid? :-)