Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Building R'lyeh

Rev. Marx returns with a tutorial on using cold porcelain. He's using it to sculpt a custom "Settlers of Catan" board featuring the sunken city of R'lyeh.

"I read on one of the recipes that using 3/4 cups of white glue would make it less sticky to work with, so I cut back on the white glue by just a bit after my first batch. Just mix all these ingredients together in a pan and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth. I also added a few drops of black food coloring so that the finished product would not come out white. That way if something chips or breaks the base color will be grey, which is less obvious. Some sites call for mixing this concoction over a low flame on the stove, which is what I did for my fist batch, but that requires you to stir it constantly and it takes about ten minutes to congeal. Also, clean up of the pan and spoon between batches was rough."


No comments: