Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Forbidden History

Jason Colavito brings us a collection of historical images of Cthulhu. Sadly, he takes the time to point out they're not real instead of mining the rich vein of potential comedy material they could provide.*

*Back when I was heavily into R. Talsorian's "Cyberpunk:2020" I posted a detailed writeup of a benthic mining platform (think Cameron's "The Abyss") to the web. About two months later I received an email from a South African mining company looking for more information about its construction details and operating parameters. I was tempted to reply and see how long I could milk it for, but common sense prevailed.


CoastConFan said...

The images are fakes? Nonsense and disinformation are at work here. Consider this fine item photographed by Michael W. Moses at and dare to say fake. Well, it’s a real item anyway, although there might be some minor quibble about exact age give or take a thousand years. Yeah, there are some pretty gullible folks out there. I also suggest a visit to the wonderful Paleobabble site if you love fakes, fakers, and farcicalness.

Jason McKittrick said...

These could be really interesting if they were taken a little further.

baralier said...

Is it just me or is Cthulhu on the bog?