Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Forbidden History

Jason Colavito brings us a collection of historical images of Cthulhu. Sadly, he takes the time to point out they're not real instead of mining the rich vein of potential comedy material they could provide.*




*Back when I was heavily into R. Talsorian's "Cyberpunk:2020" I posted a detailed writeup of a benthic mining platform (think Cameron's "The Abyss") to the web. About two months later I received an email from a South African mining company looking for more information about its construction details and operating parameters. I was tempted to reply and see how long I could milk it for, but common sense prevailed.

3 comments:

CoastConFan said...

The images are fakes? Nonsense and disinformation are at work here. Consider this fine item photographed by Michael W. Moses at http://coastconfan.blogspot.com/2011/01/still-life-at-solstice-chthonian-staff.html and dare to say fake. Well, it’s a real item anyway, although there might be some minor quibble about exact age give or take a thousand years. Yeah, there are some pretty gullible folks out there. I also suggest a visit to the wonderful Paleobabble site if you love fakes, fakers, and farcicalness.

Jason McKittrick said...

These could be really interesting if they were taken a little further.

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or is Cthulhu on the bog?