Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Odds and Ends

I have some odds and ends up on Ebay that you may find of interest, including two bottled specimens...

...and a backpack from a disastrous commission. The client wanted a selection of props based on "The Shadow Out of Time", but after making an initial payment they vanished into the ether. Which was a bit of a sticky wicket, since I'd already invested a goodly sum in reproducing a backpack from the Australian expedition.


Daniel said...

How did you get that absolutely fantastic inconsistently cloudy glass look on the specimen jars? It drastically improves the look of the prop.

Propnomicon said...

@ Daniel

Matte finish spray. I wish I could take credit for it being a brilliant innovation, but I literally stumbled into it. I needed something to fix the aging washes so they wouldn't rub off, so I sprayed down the bottle. One of the nice features of the technique is that you can produce a reliable cloudy finish and still rub it off with steel wool in spots so the specimen is clearly visible.