Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hellraiser Cube Design

After recently re-watching the first and second "Hellraiser" films I was left shaking my head. Either my tastes have undergone a major revision since the 90's or the movies just haven't aged well. I think it's probably a little of both.

Be that as it may, here's some clip art of an alternate Hellraiser box design from back when I thought Mr. Barker's creation was all kinds of groovy. Click through for the high res version.



As an aside, am I the only one that thinks Clive Barker looks like hell these days? I always suspected that the whole "pursuit of the far edges of sensation" thing with Uncle Frank was more than a little autoboiographical, but I never dreamed it would take such a physical toll.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Clive Barker has polyps in his throat; he has had them removed a couple of times in recent years. They cut off about 10% of his air supply and causes sleep apnea-type symptoms. The movies do look a bit cheesy, but that's just budget and direction...I think the stories improve with age.

Anonymous said...

It was never about the story for me, anyway. The cenobites are the only reason to be interested. I never thought the rest of the cast in any of the first 4 movies could act.

GBP })i({ said...

Clive Barker is HIV positive. His (now ex) husband David sued him for giving it to him because he didn't say that he had it.