Saturday, October 14, 2023

Printable Fireball Scroll

Last weekend I talked about about using AI generated imagery to produce illustrations for prop tomes and scrolls.  Now that I've had some time to experiment with it I'm really happy with the results.  With my admittedly limited artistic skills creating a decently immersive spell scroll used to take days.  Now I can do it in hours and have the physical prop in hand when game day rolls around.

The first picture is a quick and dirty mockup of the final scroll.  The second is the printable fireball scroll source image.  You can right click and open the image in another tab to get the full-sized PNGs. I think I've hit a good balance between having a cool handout and one that includes all the 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons spell details a player will need. 

The fastest way to produce a usable prop is commercial parchment paper.  Load up your printer, hit print, and you're done.  You'll have a lot more control over the final product if you go old school and print out the image on white paper and then tea stain it.  That also gives you a wider choice of paper weights.  Most printers can handle sheets of heavyweight artist's paper, which produces a much better sensory impression than regular copy paper.  

If Blogger's compression causes too much resolution loss you can download a "Printable Fireball Scroll" PDF from Drive.  Just click through and save.

If you have any suggestions for improvements I would love to hear them.



 

No comments: