This is why you need to use a thermometer every time you bake Sculpey.
Last night I finished this specimen off and put it in my dedicated polymer clay toaster oven for a final baking. Unfortunately, I relied on my previous temperature readings and didn't check if there was a hot spot inside the oven. There was, and this is the result.
The translucent clay teeth actually scorched, not only disfiguring the piece but producing some nasty toxic compounds in the process. The high heat index also darkened the previously baked main body, making the join between it and the newer upper body painfully obvious.
It's not a totally disaster, but I wanted to finish this off with some color washes to bring out the details. Now it's going to need a full paint job.
Update: Thanks for the kind words. One thing I did want to mention is that the bubblegum pink "gums" would be considerably toned down once they were washed and drybrushed. Heh.