Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Pre-Flight Check

I have some running around to do this morning, but by tonight I should have the first draft of the period pilot's license finished. Once I get some feedback on it's accuracy and usefulness I'll take care of any final tweaks and post the final version.

I'd also appreciate any suggestions you might have about switching to PDF's for prop documents like the license. I know JPG's are more convenient for the clip art type stuff, but I'm not sure how much of that actually gets used. If my logs are any indication the Miskatonic University logo is the only graphic that gets any significant traffic.

Update: Okay, I made it just under the gun. I've tried to arrange the interior and cover so that they'll naturally align even if your printer automatically scales them down. Just print out the interior page and then re-feed it into the printer to print the cover.

Pilot's License Interior

Pilot's License Cover

For reference, here is one of the source images I was working from. I had a few other shots of the FAI license from the 20's showing the picture area as 2" by 2", so I modified that half of the document to create a hybrid that should be reasonably accurate for any time between 1921 and 1931. The "Dated" line was left generic for that purpose as well.

No comments: