Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Good News, Bad News

I've got some good news, and some bad news.

The good news is that as of today I'll be able to spend a lot more time working on props.

The bad news is that...uh...as of today I have a lot of free time to work on props. Heh.

Fortunately, this isn't a totally unexpected development. My chosen career of broadcasting has been undergoing seismic changes for the entire two decades I've been working in the industry. That's over twenty years of moving from market to market across the northeast United States, never staying in one place for long before moving on to the next gig. That's one thing I'm not going to miss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. Seven years ago, the company I was working for went bankrupt. That kicked me out of a rut and into new areas that I hadn't even thought of. In the meantime, you're creating kick-ass things that people all of the world admire. How cool is that?

Propnomicon said...

Thanks for the good wishes. I think you're right about this serving as a motivator to try something new, but knowing that intellectually and embracing it emotionally are two different things. Although there's something to be said for the inspirational quality of "Do something new if ya wanna eat". Heh.