Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Steamship Ticket Generator

I am continually impressed by the ethos of sharing and mutual support in the Mythos community.  The latest example is a free tool from programmer Michael Ghelfi that automatically generates period steamship tickets between any two destinations.  It's a pretty impressive piece of work.  From his announcement on Reddit

"I kept hand-waving travel in my 1920s games. When I wanted better, I spent an evening in Photoshop making a mediocre ticket.

So I built a thing that stops the hand-waving.

You give it a departure, a destination and a date between 1920 and 1939. It works out the actual sailing, the vessel, the door-to-door duration and the fare per class, then prints the papers the way a clerk would have filled them: a ticket per company on the route, the itinerary, a baggage label, a landing card, a passenger list.

The point is that none of it is filled in by hand. It runs on a real network, with fixed sailing days, boat trains, canal transits and night stops. Fares come out in pounds, dollars, francs, lire or guilders at that year's rate. Class names shift across the decade, because they did. And Arkham, Innsmouth, Kingsport and Dunwich sail from Boston.

Every leg of Masks of Nyarlathotep is in there, so the campaign's itinerary comes out of it as is.

Free, no account: generate, download as PNG for your VTT, or share a link that rebuilds the document exactly. Atlas and travel guide included. Our Patreon tier adds your NPCs on the passenger list, 300 dpi print PDFs and a saved dossier library.

There's a FoundryVTT module too.

The data is hand-curated and the documents are calculated, not AI-generated. That applies to all our apps and audio.

Have fun, Keepers"

 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment